Every Tuesday, the Margins
publishes the work of emerging and established Asian American poets. We accept submissions for our Poetry Tuesday feature. Please allow at least five weeks for a response.
We’re looking for:
- Poetry that challenges/subverts convention (in both poetry and society)
- Poetry that is not afraid to be humorous, dirty, and obscene
- Poetry that explores history
- Poetry that responds to current events and issues
- Translations of poetry (given the submitter explains that he/she/they has/have acquired the rights to publish them, along with the originals)
- Poems need not be a specific length/form/style (e.g. long, short, formal, free verse, erasure)
- Submissions should be no longer than six pages total. Multiple poems may be submitted in the same document.